Deisy has authored & co-authored the following articles:
Online or onsite? Comparison of the relative merit of delivery format of Aboriginal cultural-awareness-training to undergraduate chiropractic students
COVID-19 Systems and Families: Acknowledging Loss, Transcending Hope
Systemic Practice in the Time of COVID: Conversations Among Culturally Diverse Therapists
The COVID-19 Pandemic: An Evolving Story. Professional and Personal Insights using Self and Culture as Agents of Calm and Healing after a Year of Co-habitation with Imminent Threat
Family Therapy and COVID‐19: International Reflections during the Pandemic from Systemic Therapists across the Globe
Habla Mi Idioma? An Exploratory Review of Working Systemically with People from Diverse Cultures: An Australian Perspective
One service, many voices: enhancing consumer participation in a primary health service for multicultural women
Deisy has presented and co-presented in a number of conferences at the state, national and international level, some of these have included:
- Trauma informed systemic practice: Stories of fear, stories of hope, working with culture& meaning making in the backdrop of complex trauma. Australian Association of Family Therapy Conference. Melbourne, Australia 17-18 October 2019.
- Going global: Training sensitive Systemic Therapists in an interconnected world. IFTA World Family Therapy Congress, Aberdeen, Scotland 28-30 March 2019. https://www.ifta-congress.org/2019/docs/2019-IFTA-Book-of-Abstracts-Aberdeen.pdf
- Joining in: A client-centred Systemic approach in Multicultural Australia. AAFT Family Therapy Conference, Sydney, Australia 11-12 October 2018.
- THE LAST DANCE:
The Impact of Transvaginal Mesh Implants for Women & their Partners. IFTA World Family Therapy Congress, Bangkok, Thailand 8-10 March 2018. http://www.ifta-congress.org/2018/docs/BookofAbstracts2018.pdf
- “Working with an integrative systemic approach to health:
The WHOLE is greater than the sum of its parts, IFTA World Family Therapy Congress, Bangkok, Thailand 8-10 March 2018. http://www.ifta-congress.org/2018/docs/BookofAbstracts2018.pdf
- “My Story, Your story: The role of culture & language in Emotion Expression of Cross-cultural couples”, Family Therapy Conference (Australian Association of Family Therapy), Cairns 20-21st October 2016. http://www.aaft.asn.au/2016-conference/
- “The multi-language & multi-tempo of love: Working with cross-cultural couples” (“Il multi-linguaggio e il multi-tempo dell’amore: Il lavoro con le coppie interculturali”), Convegnio Residenziale: Accademia di Psicoterapia della Famiglia, Todi-Italy, 30th June to the 2 July, 2016. http://www.itfa.it/docs/convegni/processo_terapeutico%20mail.pdf
- “Do you speak my language”: An exploratory review of working systemically with people from diverse cultures, International Family Therapy Congress, Kuala Lumpur-Malaysia, March 2015. http://ifta-congress.org/docs/2015PresentationSchedule.pdf http://docplayer.net/6246917-Plenary-and-featured-speakers.html
- “Labelling as a barrier in systemic and family work”: Weaving family therapy into clinical practice, Family Therapy Conference, Perth October, 2012.
- “The effectiveness of conjoint family therapy”: Children in the Margins Family Therapy Conference, Rome- Italy. June, 2012.
Deisy is a clinical member of the Australian Association of Family Therapy (AAFT) and the International Family Therapy Association (IFTA).
Deisy is also a member of the Family Therapy Multimedia Archives Team at the Accademia di Psicoterapia della Famiglia, Italy: http://www.accademiapsico.it/archivi-multimediali/team.html